Choosing the names for a girl dog requires a lot of thought. You cannot call it by any name. Dogs become our family members very quickly. So, don’t select a name in haste.
Like the fancy names of humans, the uncommon name for your pet is the latest trend. Select it thoughtfully as you are going to use this name several times in the coming days.
The Trending Names For A Girl Dog
We always follow the popular culture to decide the names. There was about a 900 percent rise in determining the dog names as per the characters used in the movie “Frozen” after its release. The other films that influenced to choose the names are “Game of Thrones,” “Twilight,” “Star Wars” to name a few. Don’t be surprised by the puppy named “Elsa,” “Rey,” “Bella,” “Arya.”
The names based on nature theme or food and drink theme has also increased significantly over the last few years. For instance, “Latte” or “Marzipan” are trendy names.
A List Of Female Puppies To Help You Out With The Perfect One For Your Pooch
Carol Poppy Maddy Hanna Beth Sophie Rosie Jenny Gloria Peggy Zilla Jasmine Noodles Pearl Lotty Violet Ruby Kate Grace Lexi Jane
How To Choose The Names For Female Dogs
- Don’t take the naming phase too casually. A girl puppy’s name is a vital part of her manners, training, and socialization. Let’s have a look at what the experts say about name selection.
- Choose a name having one or two syllables. These are easy to say often and short enough to draw the attention of your pet instantly.
- It is not a good idea to select a name that sounds like a command. Try not to choose those kinds of names. For example, “Poe” sounds like ‘No,’ ‘Go.’ Avoid this type of name.
- When a dog hears her name, it is a signal indicating what is coming next, is meant for her. So, use her name as much as possible in a positive context. For instance, when you want her to take food or drink water or when you want to spend quality time with her by playing or taking her on a walk. It will make a perfect bonding between your puppy and you. And we all know what a dog can do for her master. If you express your love and affection for her, you will get ten times more in return.
- Get a name containing hard consonants. It is most likely more easy for them to hear.
- Don’t choose a name that sounds similar to any of your family members. If your son’s name is Bunny, don’t choose a name for your puppy, Honey or Fanny. It will confuse her when to respond and when not.
You can test her with a new name to understand her choice. Call her with the new name and observe how she responds. If she responds, that means she is liking the name.