There are ways to exercise your dog indoors during winters. Dogs, too need to be kept engaged in some activity or the other. They also need to exercise daily for living a healthy life. Out of anxiety and behavioral changes, the dog can be very naughty. He can destroy furniture as well as useful things at home. He can chew shoes and pillow covers when in the mood for mischief. It’s essential to train the dogs to exercise and to be engaged. in winters, because of the cold, it becomes impossible to train dogs outside, therefore exercise your dog indoors with the following few ways.
8 Ways To Exercise Indoor
- Classes For Socialising- joining different courses are a great way to use and a way to socialize with other dogs. According to the dogs’ preferences, the dog can go for a swimming class if he is fond of playing in the water. If he enjoys the company of other dogs, he could go for attending a dance class or an Obedience class to learn basic manners.
- Joining A Pet Centre Or A DOg Gym- this is another option for dogs to get engaged in healthy activities for better health. This will also help the dog to engage in socializing with other pets. The gym can give the dog proper training for exercises.
- Fetch And Catch Game- also called as tug of war game. This can be easily played inside the house even if one has space issues. Lobby or hall can efficiently serve the problem. Take the favorite dogs toy and throw it away and let him fetch it. Try and run with the dog to make the activity more fun.
- Hide And Seek Game- All the kids and other members of the house can play the game with the dog. Hide in different places inside the house, call out the dogs name, and let him find you. And as he finds you give him his favorite food or cookie or toy he loves. This can be a fascinating game. When the dog knows he will be rewarded, he will take an interest. It’s an excellent way to make him exercise.
Some More Ways To Make The Dogs Exercise Indoors
- Treadmill Game- when the owner is very busy in some work. The best way to let your dog exercise is to put him on the treadmill. For the first let him practice at a low speed. When the dog gets used to it, you can increase the speed. For a better experience, one can get dog treadmills which are readily available in the market. It takes less space and is perfect for the dog’s exercise.
- Hunt For food- this again can be an exciting game and will prove a good workout session for the dog. Place his food bowl in a different corner of the house. Let him search for his bowl. Run with him, give him a playful ambiance.
- Obstacle Game- set up obstacles like a cushion, chair, toys, hoopla, and many other things available in the house itself. Call out his name, let him cross all obstacles to reach up to you. This will prove as a physical as well as a mental game.
- Arrange For A Play Date- A play date will prove to great fun for the dog. Call your friends pet at home. Let them spend time with each other.
Exercise for dogs in winters too is essential to keep them active and alert. It’s the bests way to train them physically and mentally.