These are considered lap dogs, they are active and like to be kept occupied. They are good pets when treated respectfully as the heavenly attitude and temperate, which means that they can struggle to take Orders and behave as required. A newborn Chihuahua puppy has an average weight of just 2 to 5 ounces and a length of 3 to 4 inches. In six months, your dog will be close to its adult size.
The normal price of these puppies taken from Professional breeders ranges between 500 dollars to 1500 dollars. The most expensive breed is the very tiny teacup Chihuahua. However, these costs can be different considering factors such as breeder location and reputation.
Steps For Newborn Chihuahua Puppy Care
- Create a nest for your Chihuahua and her litter that is comfortable and relaxing – Put a towel in a box with sides enough for the mother to navigate but too high for the puppies to Crawl outside the box.
- Put the nest box in a peaceful place as frequent foot traffic from the family and the curious animal will make your dog nervous.
- Keep the puppies warm all the time as Chihuahua puppies cannot control the temperature of their little bodies. Nuzzling with each other and their mother will help, but if the air in their room is cold, they can become chilled; you can use a whelping pad to control the temperature in the nest.
- Change out the towels in the nest regularly. After placing new towels, wash the used ones disinfecting them with bleach.
- Daily weigh the puppies before feeding. They should progressively gain weight, and their weight should double within a week to 10 days. If the puppy doesn’t gain weight or start losing weight, contact the vet immediately.
- Chihuahua puppies need frequent and small meals throughout the day for three months, and after that, four meals a day is enough for a six-week-old Chihuahua puppy.
- Give your dog and her pups to rest as much as they need – Let your pup grows up, give them time to lay. It will help them to grow. Handle these cute ones with care as Chihuahua puppies are born with skulls not completely developed.
Chihuahua puppies are very delicate, little creatures that need special care and attention while handling them. Mother Chihuahuas are attentive and instinctively know how to care for their babies; they will keep their little ones clean, well-fed and comfortable all the time. You can take these six steps for providing a safe and warm environment for the little cute Chihuahua family. If you have bought the puppy at home, follow these steps, it will help you to take good care of your Chihuahua puppies.