Watching a tiny puppy cry out in hunger is, in a word, heartbreaking. Fortunately, there are a number of puppy milk replacements that you can use to bottle feed a hungry little harrier or starving Shih Tzu. But not all milk replacers are created equally, and you’ll want to select the best possible option to ensure your peckish pup gets the nutrition he needs. Here is a list of the best puppy formula to try.
1. Esbilac Puppy Milk Replacement Powder
This easily digestible puppy milk is made with vegetable-oil and milk-based formula. Plus, it’s fortified with essential vitamins and minerals
Esbilac Powder is an easily digestible, highly palatable puppy milk replacement formula designed to deliver high-quality nutrition for your pre-weaned pups.
- The vegetable-oil- and milk-based formula is easy for puppies to digest
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals to provide the complete nutrition a growing puppy needs
- Can be refrigerated and stored for 24 hours after mixing
2. Nutri-Vet Milk Replacement for Puppies
A powdered mix formula that contains all nutrition, calories, vitamins, minerals and proteins your puppies need to grow and thrive.
Nutri-Vet Milk Replacement is a powdered mix that is designed to provide your young puppies with all of the nutrition and calories they need to grow and thrive.
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals and proteins containing key amino acids
- Can also be used for supporting elderly of convalescent dogs
- Mixed formula can be stored for up to 24 hours if refrigerated
3. Goat’s Milk Esbilac
This easy to mix recipe is made with natural, dried whole goats milk with no preservatives added.
Esbilac’s Goat’s Milk Formula is a goat’s-milk-based replacement product, made without cow’s milk. This type of recipe can be easier for some dogs with unique intolerance issues to digest, and therefore a superior option in such cases.
- Dried whole goat milk is the first listed ingredient
- Can be stored for 24 hours after mixing if refrigerated
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals for proper growth and development
- Can also be used for convalescent or post-operative dogs, as well as orphaned squirrels, rabbits or opossums
4. PetLac Milk Powder for Puppies
This powdered formula is crafted with dry skimmed milk and vegetable oil, along with six different probiotic strains to support your pups digestive function.
PetLac Milk Powder is a vegetable-oil and cow’s-milk-based formula, designed to help your puppies survive when natural dog milk is unavailable.
- Made with dry skimmed milk and soy to provide the protein a growing puppy needs
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals to ensure complete nutrition
- Made with six different probiotic strains to support proper digestive function and the breakdown of lactose
5. Manna Pro Nurse All Non-Medicated Milk Replacer
This easy-to-mix powdered formula is compatible for 9 different baby animals. It features milk as the only protein source and is made without soy.
Manna Pro Milk Replacer is actually formulated for 9 different baby animals (calves, foals, goat kids, baby pigs, fawns, alpacas and elk calves), but some dog owners have used it to support pre-weaned puppies.
This may be a good choice for your puppies – just be sure to check with your vet first, as this formula is a bit different.
- Protein is derived solely from milk products
- Supplemented with vitamins and minerals to ensure your baby animals get the nutrition they need
- Easy to mix powdered formula is quite convenient
- Supplemented with two different probiotics to support proper digestive health
These are some of the best puppy formulas to try for your pet.